HEALTH: A Call to Action
The HEALTH Research Institute brought together health professionals, scientists, community leaders, policy makers, stakeholders, and more from around Texas to:
- Disseminated best practices for preventing and treating chronic diseases in diverse community settings
- Fostered intellectual incubators that generated novel solutions to current health challenges
- Built sustainable partnerships and resources that coordinated activities aimed at achieving health equity
Areas of Focus
Thematic areas of health equity focus around prevention, detection, treatment, and survivorship of:
- Cancer, including screening, early detection, novel treatments, and survivorship
- Diabetes, with a focus on racial/ethnic disparities and prevention
- Mental Health, including disparities in treatment and access to care and comorbid disorders
- Obesity, including prevention, nutrition, and physical activity
- Substance Use, specifically disparities in substance use disorders and treatment
Reasons Guests Attend
This conference is a great opportunity for:
- Academics to foster collaborative relationships with community decision makers.
- Community Leaders and Service Providers to participate in progressive and unfiltered conversations with policy makers, researchers, community members, and public health professionals.
- Students to learn about the current health issues affecting our community and find ways to get involved.
Table of Contents